Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What my relfection says...

"You have changed a lot......"This is what i hear so often nowadays.Initially I used to get irritated when i heard this phrase. It's like when people have not seen you in recent times all they observe is a change. Well I could never understand can a person undergo such prominent change within a span of a year. I may overlook comments from mere acquaintances but how can i ignore my near ones. Why do they say I have changed?

Well I dont need to stagger around for an answer to this question.Last night i found myself staring at an unknown reflection in the mirror , not a physical reflection, the relfection of my mind.I found myself telling the reflection..."You have changed...."So now i dont need to look for an answer anymore, dont need to justify myself in front of others why am not my old self.Somewhere in crossing the bridge between my youth and my adulthood , i just lost my oldself.

We may try to hold on to things as I had tried to hold on my college emotions .But the more you try to hold on to these emotions they slip out from you like sand slipping out of your fingers. Just walk the road called life. Your emotions will change, your surroundings will change , you will change but the path will always be there for you , inviting you to embark on a new exciting journey everytime. Its your decision whether you want to walk ahead along the road on your own will or let the road take you to unknown places which you will discover eventually. I chose the latter unknowingly and found myself telling "I have changed...." Its time for me to rediscover myself.

3 comments:

Shankha said...

Change is life ... life is change. That's what life says to everyone ... every time. Change as required, accommodate yourself to new you, that's what we all did from the beginning to a stage of our lives where loneliness and solitude are only things left to us.

During that day, change happily. :)

me_amitava said...

Indeed an in interesting post on an issue which i guess all young-adults like us always face. Change is inevitable - so face it and make merry in the journey called life !!

pritam_iisc said...

The separation between two points is based on the rate of change of the position vector.So, if someone says that u have change the essential conclusion that can be drawn is that u 2 r not moving along- either the direction or the speed or both r having a mismatch. Theoretical pestilence. However, The only thing constant in life is change.