Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunshine on my shoulders......



Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way

If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while

The warm sunshine balming our shoulders, the glistening water of our jheel, the birds' chirping on the trees, the careless laughter of a bunch of friends ...the ingredients of our youth, the last straw of innocence , the end of careless life and laughter.....
Nothing but the song expresses my feelings for this moment, a moment captured in a digital frame rather a moment that captured us all in a trance of joyous youth.....

1 comment:

Shankha said...

Well, to be frank on this, most of us college goers lack the "last" touch of innocence and "tension less" life, in their college days. You were bestowed with one such life, and therefore wish you the best for the rest of your life be bestowed as it was near your "jheel".