Monday, March 29, 2010

I wanna be free

"Only if i could bunk school..I shall be free...... I have so much to do,fix my bicycle,steal mangoes from my neighbour's tree and then play with my friends", said Shyam, a 10 year old schoolboy on a bright summer morning.
"Only if i could bunk classes today.....i have not prepared for the mock test......i need to be free in order to prepare for my actual exams.....", said Rahul a 16 year old boy just before his board exams.
"Once the exams are i shall be free to take a long holiday with my friends.... ", said Riya on the last day of her board exams.

"When i am in college i shall have all the freedom to enjoy my life...." , said Taniya a 15 year old.
"When i shall be earning, i shall have the freedom to buy anything i want", said Rohan a college boy, unable to balance his pocket money with the spending.
"I wanna be free and independent, i dont need anyone telling me whats right and wrong ", said Madhu , an engineering student tired of being dictated by her parents in every sphere of life.

"I want my freedom, i want space in my life, i need to break away from this relationship...",said Manish an IT engineer, tired of the 3 year long relationship with his colleague Mahi who once used to fill up every moment of his life with happiness and content.
"I need to leave this job...my boss is a real tyke....i need my freedom back....am not a slave of my boss...",said Mitra, an service man in his thirties, tired of his boss's grumbling at his workplace.
"Am feeling claustrophobic in my office...as if  am being imprisoned behind the bars..... the monotony of my job is making me breathless....i cannot carry on like this....i need to break free from this situation...",said Jaya, a 35 year old consultant, tired of her high paid job at a foreign investment bank.

"I am tired of tending to the hackles of life everyday....my wife complains about everything, my son demands a new toy everyday, the bills are increasing and my boss keeps shouting...i need to be free from all......", said Vasu, a 40 year old executive in IT firm .

"My son is ignorant of my needs, my grandchild has no respect for me, i have become almost useless to my family and  the society, i want to be free from all the bonds of life....my journey is nearing the end....i shall be free now..", said Manav a 75 year old staying with his son ,daughter in law  and two grandchildren.


How many times in our lives to we demand freedom? What do we want to a free ourselves from- the books of Shyam, mock exams of Rahul, bonds of love for Manish, monotony of Jaya's work, tyranny of Mitra's boss,  family ties of Vasu or the journey of life for Manav? What do we mean by freedom, freedom from what?

1 comment:

Shankha said...

We all want to get freedom from our duties. Be it paid or unpaid, rewarded or not, we try to flee from our duties all the time. Now, the question is, what do I mean by "duties". That's quite a big a topic to be answered in this comment! Why not write something about our duties on your next post?

Go ahead! All the best.